Monday, March 9, 2009

An interesting Morning

So today I went on post and got my military ID card. I am officially an army wife again. Not that I wasn't before, but now I have the official card. ID card place was okay. Got in there, took a number and was called pretty quick. Got my picture taken...those pictures are never any good. I look like a huge goof ball.

Next was Tricare. (For those of you who don't know, Tricare is the military healthcare.) I get into the office, and I sign in. I am called by a lady who doesn't seem to like her job. I go up to the desk and I hand her my enrollment form. She proceeds to tell me that it is not the correct form and that the form I have is for dental. Um, okay! The DEERS office sent these to me and Ed and I were both told that THIS form is the enrollment form but okay. Then she proceeds to tell me that I am only in Tricare standard and because I live off post I will have to see a civilain doctor. Also a bunch of BS. I was not born yesterday and I also am not a brand new spouse. Been there done that before and I KNOW that because you are looking at my brand new shiny ID card in which the issue date is today, you just THINK that I dont know what I am doing. That I am a brand new shiny butt army wife...Little do you know lady, I have done this a few times.

As the lady is looking in the computer, she says to me...Oh your husband is a Staff Sergant, Oh you are going to have to pay $150 each time you see the doctor. If I could have picked up my jaw off the floor at that moment, I would have said something but all I could do was just stand there. The words were in my head, but I just could not get them out of my mouth. I know better. I know that active duty gets Tricare PRIME! NO co-payments, no nothing. Ok lady. Thanks for your help. I am not going to argue with you because the simple fact is, I AM a SSG's wife, I am a dependent, but I am NOT stupid, nor am I going to pay $150 each time I visit the doctor.

I left there, under tricare standard and I am going to make some calls today. I really would LOVE to get a job when I move. I plan on it. I want a job where I can stand there, be a bitch, not know what I am talking about, AND get paid for it. Sounds like the perfect job!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you can make light of it. I would have been mad and told her off. Good Luck getting it all sorted out :)

    ReplyDelete