Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another day down

Well, another boring day on the home front. I am getting used to this again, but I will never like it.

Before I get started talking about my day today, I want to share something I got from Ed in the mail for my birthday. It isnt much, but where he is and what he is doing, I am even surprised to get this. Of course, it made me cry. For those of you that know Ed, you know...He is a man of few words. I KNOW that he loves me, but he does not usually get overly mushy or anything.
I got a card in the mail and on the front it says this:
"Happy Birthday to My Girl"
When I opened the card, I was greeted by this screeching sound. I knew what it was supposed to be, but somewhere in transit, the card got distorted. The song that was trying to be played was "My Girl" and if you held the card just right you could kind of hear it through all the other noises that this card was making.
That itself was enough to make this wife cry. Again, Ed does not do these things.
As I am reading the card, it says in Ed's own words. "I wish I could be there to make you dinner. "I am with you in spirit Baby" "I love you" Happy Birthday! Your Solider, Ed. Of course Mama couldn't help herself. Tears welling up all over and I cried. It was a good cry though. I miss him so much!!! I now have the card here on my computer desk, along with our picture. It makes me smile to see them. I cannot wait till this part of the army is done with. It is really tough to get through your days without your best friend, but no matter where Ed or I are, we are always together in heart and spirit and with that, I suck it up and drive on! (famous quote from the US Army)

This morning, I got up. Let the dogs outside as usual and got online to see what transpired overnight. A big fat nothing as usual. Check my normal forums and messengers. Then what to do with the day? It was supposed to be 80 degrees here today and I had every intention on doing something outside, maybe taking the dogs for a walk, something. Well, it was just too windy to do anything. I sat around drinking my coffee. Started a load of laundry. And sat.

Finally about noon, I decided that I needed to go tanning. I have been going tanning since I bought my airline tickets to go see Ed. (Which by the way is only 28 days from now. YIPPEE!) Went to the tanning salon, laid in the bed for 10 minutes and went back home. That my friends, was the extent of my adventure outdoors for the day.

I came home and added a few more pages to Ed's army scrapbook. I am making him a scrapbook with all his army stuff that I can find, to take with me when I go see him for his graduation. (This will be the 1st of 2 graduations. After this one, I will have to start my countdown all over again.)

Ate some weird microwave dinner, wasn't too bad. I will be glad when Ed comes home and I can start cooking real meals again. I already miss that. I miss taking care of him.

After dinner, I just kinda piddled around the house and just when I thought I could not get anymore bored, my phone played the familiar tune of "I cross my heart" (by George Strait) that is Ed's personal ring tone. We didn't get too much time to talk, just enough to get the How are yous out and what have you been doing. Ed is in charge of a lot of soldiers and they are on a tight schedule so I was lucky to get what I did. 15 minutes! Thats okay. My husband is a wonderful man who thinks about his wife and calls her just as soon as she can, for just as long as he can.
We said our I love yous and I miss yous and off my Knight in shining armor went again, back to his troops. I am so very proud of him.

With every day that passes, I know I am another day closer to when we will be together again. I cannot wait to be back with my love, my Ed, My hero, My soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment